This is the amazing journey of our two miracles. John Craig was born on November 30, 2005 at 24 weeks and 5 days gestation. He weighed 1 pound 8 ounces and was 12 inches long. John is a true miracle and an inspiration to all that meet him! Hope Amanda, our perfect little girl, is currently recovering from two brain surgeries to remove a 6cm mass from the center of her brain. Hope represents everything good in this world and she too is an inspiration to all.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29.11

Friday, March 02, 2007

Pulled an all dayer....

...as opposed to an all nighter! Yes, my little man went ALL day without taking any sort of nap. He woke up this morning at about 6:50am and I just now put him to bed (6:00pm.) Wow....I am tired! I keep telling myself that he doesn't nap for me because he just wants to play with his mommy all day......yea right! I finally figured out that his naps are off when he is teething.......and he is ALWAYS teething! How many teeth do babies get anyway.......hopefully just 7!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, things are great in the Birtch home. John still has a runny nose but his cold is just about over! Dad is working like crazy.......6 days a week.......can't criminals behave on the weekend????? Jamie doesn't mind too much though considering the overtime is helping pay for his new H1! And, I am still teaching a few days a week but am looking forward to Spring Break! We all are anxiously awaiting the end of RSV season and look forward to LOTS of play dates, eating out, and even grocery shopping! We have been very strict as far as taking John anywhere but it has definitely paid off and our lil man escaped the flu season with only one minor cold.

Below are a couple of funny pictures.........my mom was watching John on Thursday while I was at work. He was laying on his back playing with the toy in the picture. My mom went into the kitchen to answer the phone (it was me of course) and when she came back into the play room John was on all 4's with his toy on his back. Don't ask how he managed that! I tell you, the kid is talented:)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello it is Tracy in Az. How adorable. Is he crawling now? It is funny we shared the same kind of day today. But James awoke at 3am and did go back to sleep at 6:30 until 9:30 but that was it for him too. Tonight he was in bed by 7:45pm whoa! I checked today infact because James is teething and it said by the time they are 3 they should have 20 primary teeth. So hang in there. Jame shas 17 I frankly dont know where the other ones go it seems pretty full in there now. Take care and looking forward to a possible play date come spring. This is our last year of house arrest isn't it over after2 years of age. LOL Tracy baby.james.mom@hotmail.com

Sarah Furlough said...

Jill:

I know what you mean about looking forward to the end of RSV season. We can't wait to take Cooper out- it feels so isolating to be stuck inside-but we've got to protect our little ones!

Joun looks like he is ready to crawl all over the place, he is such a sweetheart.

abby said...

20 teeth does seem sort of excessive doesn't it? I check each morning, praying that a full set of 20 have appeared miraculously in Hallie's mouth, but alas she's still waiting for the first one to pop on through...

Anyway, John is totally cute. I have no idea how he managed to get his toy on his back, either, but what a great shot.

Sharon is scheming for a way for us to get to Arizona for a play date with John. So maybe some time after next RSV season is over we can get these two kids together. I think Hallie would love to learn some of John's tricks.

Kellie said...

Great picture. John looks like he's getting even better in his four point stance. And all of that hair...just beautiful! I'm glad everyone is back to being healthy aside from a little snot. We all will be relieved once the dreaded RSV season is OVER!